4.03.2012

peachy-keen

okay,
have you ever had one of those days where you maybe just aren't feeling so great? maybe you woke up on the wrong side of the bed (honestly this phrase used to bug me until I started favoring one side of the bed over the other and then it made a lot more sense...)? maybe something happened that didn't quite fit in to what you planned for the day.
whatever it may be.  it has happened to all of us and today was just, one of those days.
well,
my mother decided to kick off our "vacation" (aka visiting my sister/niece/brother-in-law) by treating me to Rita's after a long day of subbing in 6th grade (insert waking up on the wrong side of the bed remark here).  so we arrive and I walk up to the counter at Rita's and order my extremely under-rated Georgia Peach Gelati (seems everyone these days chooses Mango..cough cough..mom) and the nice young lady behind the counter says the following:

"hey, I wanted to ask you, where did you get your watch, I love
it!"
(insert me beaming from cheek to cheek here)
so,
I proceed to tell her and she just gushes over my watch some more and thanks me ecstatically because this little lady right here just made her day.  little did she know,
she made mine.
and just like that POOF it's like I woke up on the right side of the bed, on Christmas morning, with my french bulldog named Weasley waiting under the Christmas tree with a giant gold bow around his neck.  yeah, it was that good.  so thank you complete stranger who is still one of the few strangers that are nice out there for making my whole day.

watch: Francesca's Collections, similar style here

after-thought:  seeing as I will be traveling away my day tomorrow I will not be able to write my second installment of my previously pronounced "every wednesday" fashion post.  so, this sort of ties everything all in to one - and a day early. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment