2.16.2012

alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day

For those of who are not in touch with their elementary literature or who have not been in touch with their inner child in quite some time (or those who may have, simply, never heard of this book before), I am referring to the below:


In this story we meet Alexander who is just having one of those days where everything that goes wrong, goes wrong.  We all have had one of these days and when I seemd to have one of these days (which seemes to happen quite frequently), I tend to always think of this little guy.  But I also tend to think of how often I don't have one of those days and then I ask myself "why are you complaining?" We all have one of those days where we just can't seem to reach above the surface and we all tend to fall in to the mode of why does this always happen to me or the classic I hate my life.  We all do it, I'd like to meet one person who doesn't, even for a glimpse second of misjudgement, who doesn't do it.  I try (after a brief moment of melting down and slumping in to my comfiest pair of sweatpants to mope), to list all of the things that aren't so terrible, horrible, no good, or very bad in my life and it tends to make things a little better.  (And if that fails, then a nice big piece of chocolate cake always is a close second)

So, in lue of Alexander, and all of you who may be having one of those epic terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days, I ask you to take a second and think of just one thing that might make you smile.  And if that doesn't work, come on back to my blog, I'll do my best to give you someone to relate to -- because isn't that all what we need some days?




No comments:

Post a Comment