seeing as it is june first (say wha?!?!) i decided to dedicate this friday's post to all things that i love and cannot wait for during this summer (giving credit where credit is due and linking up with this little bloggie). because heck, who really goes by the "official" days of the seasons beginning and ending, in my mind, it is june first, and june first means s-u-m-m-e-r.
the whole family, circa 2009
- seeing as i am now an employee of the public school system, i now have every summer off (kinda). which means a lot more face time with my big sister and sweet baby niece. bring on the roadtrips.
- ice cream. The Jigger Shop and the tiny convience store with ice cream at the beach. bring on the scoops!
- mini golf.
- dad's famous cheeseburgers on the grill.
- the 4th of July. family, bonfires, fireworks (remember all the times our cousins set them off, illegally?), picnics, s'mores, and my aunt's famous potato salad.
- did i mention the beach? and the tan lines? the boardwalk? and the
- painted toes. painted toes in the sand.
- driving with my windows down even on days when it is entirely too hot and i have the air on at the same time (remember all those times that mom told me not to drive around like that?)
- visits with girlfriends. sleepovers and dinners and breakfasts and brunches and everything about catching up with friends that you haven't seen in weeks (or days). summer would not be complete without some quality time with my girls.
- Hershey freakin' Park